The 2020 Election is just around the corner. Read these helpful notes to prepare and participate. Citizen voting is a valuable privilege enabling each of us to have input into local and national election results, but it does take some forethought and preparation. Will you be ready to vote this year?!
- Election Day is Tuesday, January 5, 2021… polls open at 7am and close at 7pm. Make plans now to get to the polls!
- Please make sure you are registered to vote! You must be registered by December 7th to vote in this upcoming election on January 5, 2021. Follow this link for instructions on how to get registered. https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov/GAOLVR/welcome.do#no-back-button
- Early voting begins on December 14. Click this link to see the full Early Voting Schedule. https://www.houstoncountga.org/residents/early-voting.cms
- There are three early voting locations. Avoid the rush and maximize social distancing on Election Day by voting early.
- Vote via Absentee Ballot if you do not want to make a trip to the polls. Simply request an absentee ballot be sent to your current address, fill it out in accordance with the specific directions, and send it back to the Board of Elections office in Perry. It is very easy to do! Click this link for guidance on absentee voting. https://securevotega.com/secureabsentee/
- Houston County will have three locations for ballot drop-boxes: the lobby of the County Annex building on Carl Vinson Parkway, the Perry office of the Board of Elections and the Houston Health Pavilion Conference Center. Click this link to see more details about our ballot drop boxes.https://www.houstoncountyga.org/residents/absentee-voting.cms
- Please make sure your personal data at the Board of Elections is updated and accurate: your current full legal name and current address must be accurate. Your address determines which polling station you must go to for voting. Your personal data is also critically important to receiving an absentee ballot if you request one. Click on this link for help getting your personal data updated. www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- Polling locations: you have a specific, assigned polling location. Do you know where it is? Houston County has 16 polling locations…your address determines which one you must go to for voting. Click the following link to go to your “My Voter Page” and simply fill in the requested information…it will tell you where to go to vote! www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- If you have interest in becoming a trained poll worker please call the Board of Elections office in Perry at (478) 987-1973. They will be glad to provide further details.