Houston County covers approximately 400 square miles and enjoys close proximity to interstates, highways, airports and some rail access.
The county has direct access to Interstate 75 with Interstate 16 located less than 20 miles to the east.
Houston County has been experiencing unparalleled growth, growing from a population of 89,208 in 1990 to a population of 123,753 in 2004. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of Houston County in 2015 is projected to be 160,698.
Just a few quick facts about Houston County, Georgia
- One of the most rapidly growing communities in Middle Georgia
- 100-miles south of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Home to Georgia's largest industrial complex at Robins Air Force Base
- More than 3,000-acres available for industrial development
- QuickStart workforce training available via Middle Georgia Technical College
- Designated as one of Georgia's Entrepreneur Friendly Communities
- One of the lowest property tax rates in the Middle Georgia area
- Houston County public school system is routinely recognized for having Georgia Schools of Excellence and National Schools of Excellence.
- Plentiful utility capacity as served by a combination of municipal and private systems.
- Telecommunication services provided by either Alltel Georgia or BellSouth with both offering high cap services
- Landfill (subtitle D) with 40+ year projected life operated by Houston County
- Houston Medical Center boasts two full service hospitals with over 190 physicians
For more information, contact:
Houston County Development Authority
200 Carl Vinson Parkway
Warner Robins, Georgia 31088